Get excited, because here comes the second rule you need to follow if you want to know how to get a flat stomach fast.
In the post for my first rule, which was “eat less”, I mentioned that getting a flat stomach fast boils down to one simple formula:
- calories in vs. calories out
Well, if the first rule was all about restricting the calories you take in, what do you think rule number two is going to be about? That’s right, increasing the number of calories going out.
So, without further ado, rule #2 is:
OK, OK… I know the first thing you think when you read the words exercise more is:
“I am not one of those people who is going to hang out at the gym all day to get my flat stomach. I have a job and responsibilities. I don’t have extra hours in the day to drive to the gym, work out, and drive home.”
The good news is, you don’t have to!
You never have to step foot in a fitness center to get a flat stomach fast! By just modifying a few behaviors throughout the day in the exact life you live right now, you can eliminate that layer of fat covering up your perfect, flat stomach and six pack abs!
Here are a few suggestions:
1) Stand More!
- Did you know that you can burn up to 50 more calories per hour by standing rather than sitting?
- How many hours per day do you sit? Do you sit at a desk all day while you work your job? Do you sit on a couch all night at your house while you watch television?
- The average person sits around 6 hours per day.
- If you stand half of the time you normally sit, you can burn 150 extra calories per day. 1000 extra calories per week. Over 50,000 extra calories per year!
- Using the formula I gave you in my post about the number one rule on getting a flat stomach, that means you can lose an extra 14 pounds per year just by standing some of the time instead of sitting.
- Do you know what else is great? It is healthier, too. Study after study has shown that people who stand more and sit less have decreased risk of risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and an early death. I know this does not have anything to do with getting great abs, but it doesn’t hurt, either. Looking good is important, but being healthy is even better.
2) Use the stairs!
- If you are like I used to be, I am guessing you use the elevator every time you go up or down more floor in a building. Depending on the situation, you probably even use the elevator for one flight. Well, that needs to change if you want to follow the rules.
- Climbing up or down stairs burns about 12 calories per minute.
- Let’s say you work on the 3rd floor of a building, but you take the elevator every day. If you switch your habits and take the stairs every time you are going to burn around 30 calories more per day, 150 calories more per week, and 7500 calories more per year! And you probably go up and down more than once per day!
- That means if you switch to using the stairs every day, you are going to lose at least an extra 2-3 pounds per year! Those pounds go a long way toward getting a flat stomach fast!
3) Park in the last spot in the parking lot.
- This is a little thing that most people never think of. I know sometimes you are in a hurry and need to get in and out of a store as fast as possible, but I bet most the time you have enough time that parking a little further away will not cramp your style. I bet you still park as close as you can every time, though.
- By parking in the last spot in the parking lot you can increase the distance you walk by up to 500 feet per trip. You burn 22 calories for every thousand feet you walk. I bet you run at least 4 errands per weekend. I know typically go to at least the grocery store, the pharmacy, and the bank every weekend.
- If you park in the last spot every time you run an errand, you can burn around 50 extra calories per weekend. That adds up to another 2600 calories per year!
So, just by making a few small changes, without going to a gym everyday or even really breaking a sweat, you can burn up to 60,000 extra calories per year, which can mean more than 17 less pounds of fat covering up your flat abs.
Now that is how to get a flat stomach fast!
Keep a look out for my next post, where I will give you my third flat stomach rule.